Monday, August 9, 2010

Lemonade, anybody?

A friend of mine recently put on her Facebook page, "Life keeps handing me lemons. I am getting tired of trying to make lemonade." I can sympathize with her, nobody wants to buy a couple tankers of lemonade from me either.

Today was not a good day. It seemed like no matter what I tried to do, nothing went right. For instance, tonight I stopped to get gas in my motorcycle. Price was okay, it had dropped a few cents after the weekend. Unfortunately, I was using the spare key since I haven't been able to find the master set I got with the bike. The ignition key works fine but the spare key for the gas tank - NOooooo! So here I am running around keeping an eye on the trip odometer hoping I had filled the bike the last time I set it, which was last year, so I can't be sure, and I can't get gas! So I made it home and started looking for the master keys. Well, after destroying my room and other parts of the house, I was ready to concede defeat when I looked in the pocket of the jacket hanging on my bedroom door. There it was! It's always in the last place you look. So why don't you look there first? Why don't you say to yourself, "Where's the last place I would look?"

Of course, some good came out of it, I found quite a few other things along the way that I was looking for from time to time. However, considering the amount of cleaning I have to do now, I'm not sure if it was worth it!

Right now I can't go to bed because of everything that's piled on it from my search for the keys. So I have to clean off my bed and find a place for everything that doesn't have a place before I go to sleep. And then I have to get up extra early tomorrow so I can stop for gas (I checked, the tank is pretty low) before I go to an appointment I have.

I guess George Burns in "Oh God - Book II" was right when he said everything has to have two sides. Good and bad, sickness and health, up and down, in and out. Although sometimes it seems like I'm feeling bad, I'm sick, I'm down, and I'm out. The other side just doesn't seem to be there. Hopefully one of these days I'll be good, healthy, upbeat, and in to the place I want to be.

Is that positive thinking? You be the judge!

No comments:

Post a Comment